What is Cochrane Library?
The major product of Cochrane is the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR), which is published as part of Cochrane Library. There are currently over 5100 Cochrane Reviews and 2100 protocols housed in the CDSR.
Cochrane Library also contains five other databases which are automatically included in your search of The Library:
- The Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE)
- The Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL)
- The Cochrane Methodology Register
- The NHS Economic Evaluation Database (NHS EED)
- Health Technology Assessment Database (HTA)
Cohrane has an impact
The 2014 Impact Factor has been calculated for the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR), and according to the numbers, Cochrane's impact is on the rise. The CDSR scored 6.032, placing it in the top ten journals in the "Medicine, General and Internal" category.
Products of Cochrane Library
- Podcasts from Cochrane Library
- - Audio summaries of selected Cochrane Reviews
- Cochrane Journal Club
- Free, monthly publication that introduces a recent Cochrane Review along with relevant background information, a podcast explaining the key points, discussion questions and downloadable PowerPoint slides
- Aimed at trainees, researchers and clinicians
- Cochrane Summaries
- Browse Plain Language Summaries of Cochrane Reviews by topic or review title
Using Cochrane Library
Introductions to Cochrane Library:
Self learning e-modules: