8th CROATIAN COCHRANE SYMPOSIUM
Understanding the Evidence
Monday, 9th May 2016
University of Split School of Medicine
The aim of this year's Croatian Cochrane symposium is to enable better understanding of Cochrane evidence. Emphasis will be placed on understanding key results of Cochrane Systematic Reviews – Summary of Findings’ tables, forest plots, Risk of Bias tables, and other aspects which make these reviews the best source of scientific information for making well-informed decisions on various preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in health care. Two round tables will also be held, one looking at the new structure and function of Cochrane branches and centres and the other exploring ways of getting people involved in Cochrane. The Symposium will be bilingual so everyone is welcome.
- Lara Maxwell, Canada: "Risk of Bias"
- Dario Sambunjak, Croatia: "How to understand GRADE assessment and "Summary of findings" table?"
- Tina Poklepović Peričić, Croatia: "From forest plots to clinical decision making"
- Damir Sapunar, Croatia: "The Illusion of Certainty: Understanding Risk"
- Christopher Cates, UK: "Using evidence to change practice"
- Livia Puljak, Croatia: "How to recognize a high-quality systematic review"
- Gerd Antes, Germany: "Achieving Transparency for Clinical Trials – a multidimensional problem, far from being solved"